- 4 John Dory fillets (about 160gm each)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 3 Spanish onions, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch curly endive, trimmed and washed
- 100 gm soft goat’s cheese
- 1Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan, add onion, season with salt and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until caramelised.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Season dory fillets with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 2 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm, then add vinegar and sugar to frying pan and cook until reduced by half.
- 3Heat remaining olive oil in a separate frying pan over medium heat, add endive and cook for 1 minute or until just wilted, then season to taste. Serve with caramelised onion and crumbled goat’s cheese and dory fillets drizzled with sauce.