This autumn salad with its mix of bitter and sweet flavours works wonderfully with pan-fried fish. Add boiled and sliced kipfler potatoes or crusty bread for a more substantial meal.
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 4 morwong or sea bream fillets, skin on (200gm each), pin-boned
- 40 gm butter, coarsely chopped
Radicchio and pink grapefruit salad
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 heads radicchio, coarsely chopped
- 2 pink grapefruit, segmented, juice squeezed
- 1 small beetroot, cut into julienne
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp combined pepitas and sunflower seeds
- 1For radicchio and pink grapefruit salad, whisk oil, vinegar and molasses in a large bowl to combine. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine, then season to taste and set aside for flavours to meld while you cook the fish.
- 2Heat half the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add 2 morwong fillets and half the butter, and cook, turning once, until golden brown and just cooked (2-3 minutes each side). Transfer to a warm plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining oil, fish and butter.
- 3Serve fish immediately with radicchio salad and crusty bread or boiled kipfler potatoes.