- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 scallops, roe on
- 80 gm unsalted butter, coarsley chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced sage leaves
- 100 gm rocket leaves
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1For Israeli salad, combine all ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat oil in frying pan over high heat, add scallops and season to taste. Cook for 30 seconds each side or until golden, add butter and sage to pan and cook for another minute or until butter melts. To serve, combine Israeli salad and rocket leaves, arrange on plate with scallops and lemon wedges.