- 225 gm French-style green lentils
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 300 gm piece of pancetta or speck, chopped
- 150 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 200 gm sugarsnap peas, trimmed
- 350 gm peas, podded
- 2½ tbsp lemon juice
- 100 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1Place lentils and onions in a large saucepan, cover with plenty of water and bring to the boil, then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, add pancetta to a hot non-stick frying pan and cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then add sugarsnap peas and peas and cook for another 2 minutes or until peas and beans are tender, then drain. Add beans, peas and pancetta to lentils with remaining ingredients, season to taste and toss well to combine.