- 1 900 gm panettone
- 600 gm fresh ricotta
- 50 gm bitter dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm glacé orange, finely chopped
- 50 gm blanched almonds, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 4 peaches, halved, stoned and cut into thin wedges
- 1Using a serrated knife, cut top off panettone to make a neat cylinder shape, then trim crust from cylinder and cut widthways into four 1cm-thick slices. Reserve trimmed panettone for another use.
- 2Push ricotta through a fine sieve into a bowl, then add chocolate, glacé orange, almonds, icing sugar and half the liqueur and combine well. Spread 1/3 cup ricotta mixture over bottom slice of panettone, press another slice over the top, then repeat spreading and layering, finishing with a layer of ricotta. Combine peaches with remaining liqueur, then top panettone with one-third of the peaches. Serve cake cut into wedges, with remaining sliced peaches passed separately. Cake is best served on day of making.
Drink Suggestion: 2000 Deutz Marlborough Blanc de Blanc.