- 2 tbsp each coarsely chopped thyme and oregano, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 110 ml olive oil
- 4 chicken Marylands, halved through joint
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 chorizo, thickly sliced
- 250 gm cherry tomatoes
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 800 gm canned white beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Pound herbs, paprika, lemon rind and half the garlic in a mortar and pestle to a fine paste, stir in lemon juice and 70ml oil, season to taste. Transfer to a large bowl, add chicken, coat well, set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and remaining garlic, sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add chorizo, sauté until fragrant (2 minutes), add tomato and sauté until beginning to soften. Add stock, bring to the simmer, cook for 5 minutes, then add beans, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add vinegar, season to taste.
- 3Heat a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Drain chicken from marinade, add to pan skin-side down, cook until browned, turning once (2-3 minutes each side). Turn again, transfer to oven, roast until cooked through (8-10 minutes). Scatter with thyme and oregano, serve hot with chorizo and beans.
This recipe is from the October 2010 issue of .