- 1 kg even-sized Dutch cream, nicola or desiree potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- 125 ml milk (½ cup)
- 200 ml pouring cream
- 150 gm butter, at room temperature
- 1Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of simmering salted water until tender, then drain. Using a tea towel to hold potatoes, peel while still warm, then pass, in batches, through a mouli or potato ricer into a large non-stick sauté pan.
- 2Meanwhile, place milk and cream in a saucepan and bring almost to the boil, then remove from heat.
- 3Stir potato over low heat, for 1 minute, add cream mixture and butter, in batches, beating with a wooden spoon until mash is smooth and fluffy, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- 4Serve Paris mash immediately or cover closely with a round of baking paper to prevent a skin from forming and keep warm. To re-heat mash, add a little hot milk while beating constantly with a wooden spoon until heated through.