The crunch of radish pairs well with the creaminess of this fresh pea and mint dip. A perfect crowd-pleaser for mid-week entertaining.
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 8 French breakfast or red radishes, some sliced, some kept whole
- ¼ tsp caster sugar
- 500 gm frozen peas
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 mint sprigs, leaves picked, plus extra leaves to serve
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- ⅓ cup (80 gm) drained labne or Persian feta
- Lavash (optional), to serve
- 1Combine vinegar, radishes and sugar in a small bowl and season to taste.
- 2Add peas, garlic and bicarbonate of soda to a saucepan of boiling salted water and cook until peas are tender (2 minutes). Drain well, then transfer to a blender or food processor, add mint and oil, and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- 3Spoon pea and mint dip onto a large serving platter, crumble over labne and scatter with extra mint. Drizzle with oil, season to taste and serve with radishes and lavash.