- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 90 gm pumpernickel, cut into 5mm dice
- 70 gm thinly sliced jamón Ibérico
- 3 each white peaches, sliced
- 3 each yellow peaches, sliced
- 1 cup (loosely packed) mint, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup each (loosely packed) purple and Greek basil (or regular basil)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 40 gm (¼ cup) roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add pumpernickel and fry, turning with a spatula, until crisp (6-8 minutes). Drain on paper towels and leave to cool.
- 2Wipe pan clean, then cook jamón in batches, turning once, until crisp (2-4 minutes). Cool briefly, then break into shards.
- 3For hazelnut vinaigrette, whisk lemon juice and oil in a bowl and season to taste, then stir in hazelnuts.
- 4Place peaches in a bowl, add half the dressing and toss to combine, then layer on a serving platter with pumpernickel croûtons, jamón, mint and basil. Drizzle with extra dressing over or serve it to the side.