"Raspberries are at their peak during the festive season," says McEnearney. "Peach Melba is all about the balance of sweet peaches, sharp raspberries and the creamy ice-cream to bring the flavours together."
- 4 perfectly ripe peaches
- 200 gm raspberries, crushed with 50gm caster sugar and 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar (or to taste; alternatively use leftover raspberry pulp from the raspberry vinegar in this recipe for fig salad)
- Pure icing sugar, to taste
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1Cut peaches in half and remove the seed, then cut into large wedges and place on a serving platter.
- 2Taste raspberry pulp and if flavour is too sharp, adjust with icing sugar to taste (pulp should be both sharp and sweet).
- 3To serve, spoon raspberry vinegar pulp over peaches and top with ice-cream.