- 300 gm pennone giganti or other short pasta
- 200 gm broccoli florets
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 1 tsp firmly packed saffron, dry roasted
- 5 anchovy fillets
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 1Cook pennone in boiling salted water for 8 minutes, or until al dente, then drain. Cook broccoli in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, drain, refresh in cold water and drain again.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add onion and garlic and cook over low-medium heat for 5 minutes or until soft. Add cream and saffron and simmer until reduced by half, then add anchovies, broccoli and pennone, stir to combine and cook until warmed through and sauce is slightly thickened. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately, sprinkled with parmesan.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am