Pairing strawberries with goat's curd makes for a different take on strawberries and cream. Basil, pepper and balsamic join the party, too, for a simple and refined dessert.
- 60 gm caster sugar
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 500 gm strawberries (about 2 punnets), hulled and sliced
- ⅓ tsp coarsely ground black peppercorns
- 1 cup (loosely packed) small basil leaves, plus extra to serve
Goat’s curd cream
- 200 gm crème fraîche
- 75 gm goat’s curd
- 30 gm pure icing sugar
- 1Stir sugar, vinegar and 60ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, bring to a simmer then transfer to a bowl and refrigerate to cool. Add strawberries, pepper and basil and toss to combine.
- 2Meanwhile, for goat's curd cream, whisk ingredients in an electric mixer until soft peaks form (2-3 minutes), then divide among serving bowls. Top with peppery strawberries and serve with extra basil.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am