For this dish, use young broad beans that won't require double peeling.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 140 gm podded broad beans (450gm unpodded)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 220 gm defrosted frozen peas (2 cups)
- ¼ cup combined tarragon and torn basil leaves
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 pink snapper fillets (500gm each), pin-boned
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat half the oil and butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add shallots, broad beans, garlic and stock, and bring to the simmer, then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender (3-5 minutes). Add peas and stir until they’re heated through. Add herbs, lemon rind and juice, season to taste and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, then season skin side of fish and place in pan skin-side down. Cook until skin starts turning golden (1-2 minutes), add remaining butter to pan and baste fish, then transfer to oven and cook, basting occasionally, until just cooked through (8-10 minutes). Baste again, then serve fish with braised beans and peas, and drizzled with pan juices.