- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 Scotch fillet minute steaks (about 180gm each)
- 8 thick sourdough bread slices
- 8 thick slices aged cheddar
- chutney, rocket and pickled onion, To serve
- 1Preheat a char-grill to high. Combine oil, rosemary, mustard and garlic, season to taste, brush over steaks and set aside.
- 2Brush both sides of bread slices with extra olive oil, char-grill until toasted (1-2 minutes on each side), keep warm.
- 3Char-grill steaks until browned and cooked to your liking (1 minute on each side for medium-rare), transfer to a plate and rest for 2 minutes, then top each steak with cheddar.
- 4Spread half the grilled bread with chutney, top with a steak and cheddar, then rocket and pickled onion. Sandwich with remaining grilled bread and serve immediately.
This recipe is from the August 2009 issue of .