A pudding that's rich, indulgent, light and fluffy all at once, with buttermilk and ricotta keeping things luscious and honey adding a floral sweetness.
- 60 gm fine polenta
- 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 40 gm honey, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 30 gm butter, melted
- 120 gm firm ricotta
- Pouring cream or crème fraîche, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine polenta and buttermilk in a bowl and leave for 5 minutes to soak.
- 2Whisk egg yolks and honey in a separate bowl until creamy. Add polenta mixture, flour, butter and a pinch of salt and stir to combine. Leave for 5 minutes to rest.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk eggwhites to soft peaks in a bowl, then fold into polenta mixture. Spoon batter into a 1.5-litre baking dish or shallow bowl, press spoonfuls of ricotta into the surface, and bake until golden and puffed (20 minutes). Drizzle pudding with cream and honey and serve immediately with extra cream.