Recipe by Ada Boni, from her book Italian Regional Cooking.
- 60 gm butter
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- 6 pork chops (350gm each)
- 125 ml Marsala (½ cup)
- 125 ml dry red wine (½ cup)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 95 gm tomato paste, combined with 200ml warm water (1/3 cup)
- 1Heat 2 tbsp butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add pork chops and cook for 6 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer plate, season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 2Drain excess oil from pan and add Marsala, red wine, garlic, fennel seeds and tomato paste mixture, season to taste and reduce over high heat until slightly thickened.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a frying pan, add greens and sauté over medium heat or until wilted. Season to taste. To serve, divide pork chops among plates, serve with wilted greens and drizzle with sauce.