- 125 ml chicken stock (½ cup)
- 1 kg minced pork
- 1 tbsp toasted ground sticky rice (see note)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 60 ml fish sauce, or to taste (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp white sugar, or to taste
- 4 small dried red chillies, coarsely crushed
- 4 red shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved and thinly sliced lengthways
- 6 snake beans, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100 gm savoy cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup each Thai basil, spearmint and coriander leaves (loosely packed)
- Green chillies and lime cheeks, To serve
- 1Heat stock in a large frying pan, add pork and ground rice and cook, stirring continuously for 3 minutes or until pork is just cooked. Add lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar to taste and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, adjust seasoning with fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and dried chilli. Serve with vegetables, herbs, green chillies and lime cheeks to the side.
Ground sticky rice is used as a binding agent and is available from Asian grocery stores.