The potato salad can be prepared ahead and chilled until it's needed.
- 6 pork loin medallions (100gm each)
- 30 gm butter
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 3 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) aromatic white wine, such as pinot gris
- 800 gm potatoes (about 4), cut into 2cm-3cm pieces
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, or 6 thin slices pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm crème fraîche
- 60 gm mayonnaise
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1For potato salad, place potato in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add a large pinch of salt, bring to the boil, and cook until potato is just tender (5-6 minutes). Drain and spread out on a tray to cool. Meanwhile, fry bacon in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat until starting to crisp (5-6 minutes). Transfer to a bowl to cool. Just before serving, add bacon to potato, then stir crème fraîche and mayonnaise together and add to potato along with remaining ingredients. Toss to coat and season to taste.
- 2Heat the same pan you cooked the bacon in over high heat, add pork, season and fry until browned (11⁄2 minutes each side). Add butter and thyme to pan and spoon onto pork, then add nectarines and wine and simmer until a thin sauce forms (1-2 minutes). Season to taste and serve with potato salad.
Drink suggestion: Rich golden cidre from Brittany. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm