- 175 gm broccolini (about 1 bunch), tough stalks trimmed
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 4 pork schnitzels (about 180gm each)
- For dusting: seasoned plain flour
- 100 gm sopressa, cut into batons
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 20 gm butter
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Toss broccolini, lemon rind, chilli flakes and 1 tbsp oil in a roasting tray, season and roast, stirring occasionally, until tender and browned on the edges (15-20 minutes), then squeeze lemon juice over.
- 2Meanwhile, dust schnitzel in seasoned flour. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add schnitzel and fry, turning once, until browned and cooked through (3-4 minutes). Transfer to a tray and keep warm.
- 3Wipe out pan, add remaining oil and salami and fry until crisp (2-3 minutes). Add garlic and butter and cook until butter foams (1 minute). Remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Serve broccolini and schnitzel topped with sopressa and pan juices.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm