- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 500 gm cabbage, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 1½ tbsp cider vinegar, or to taste
- 3 thyme sprigs, plus extra leaves to serve
- 4 rindless pork cutlets (220gm each)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- Coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Add cabbage, stir until wilted, then add mustard, chicken stock, wine, vinegar and thyme, season to taste and bring to a simmer.
- 2Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a separate frying pan, add pork and brown all over(4-5 minutes). Place on top of cabbage mixture, transfer to oven and roast until pork is just cooked through (6-7 minutes). Discard thyme sprigs and serve pork and cabbage topped with apple, parsley and extra thyme.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am