- 250 ml olive oil (1 cup)
- 4 desiree potatoes, coarsely chopped (about 500gm)
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp each of finely chopped mint and flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 80 gm baby salad leaves
Lemon anchovy dressing
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1Heat olive oil in a 20cm frying pan over high heat and fry potatoes, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden, add onion during last minute of cooking and cook until tender. Line a colander with absorbent paper. Drain potatoes, reserving oil.
- 2Preheat grill to high. Whisk together eggs, herbs and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Using the same frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of reserved oil over medium heat, add potato and onion, then pour over egg mixture and cook for 5 minutes, shaking pan occasionally to prevent sticking. When almost set, place under grill and cook for 3 minutes or until golden and set. Slide onto a cutting board and cut into wedges.
- 3For lemon-anchovy dressing, combine ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Place salad leaves in a separate bowl, drizzle with dressing, toss to combine and serve with tortilla.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsThe restaurant kitchens that are going plastic-freeYesterday 3:00am