"This hearty salad can be served as an accompaniment to steak or a piece of fish, or on its own as a meal," says Pilu.
- 1 kg spunta potatoes, or other firm, waxy potatoes, such as kipfler or small desiree, unpeeled
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 200 gm (1 cup) drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1 fennel bulb, very finely shaved with a mandoline, plus torn fennel fronds, to serve
- 1 small radicchio, leaves separated and torn
- 1Add potatoes to a saucepan of cold salted water, bring to a simmer over medium-high heat and cook until tender (30 minutes). Transfer to a strainer with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain and cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1cm-thick slices. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, anchovy, mustard and garlic in a bowl or shake well in a jar until combined and emulsified.
- 3Add chickpeas, fennel and radicchio to potatoes, pour over dressing and toss to combine. Top with fennel fronds and serve.