Chilled potato salad is a summer staple, but mayonnaise can weigh it down. This version uses burrata and crème fraîche instead, with fennel and cucumber for crunch.
- 700 gm chat potatoes, halved, or quartered if large
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, halved, seeds removed and thickly sliced
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 burrata, torn
- 150 gm crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- Chopped chives and chervil, to serve
- 1Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (10-15 minutes). Drain and cool, then refrigerate to chill (2 hours).
- 2Toss potato with remaining ingredients, season to taste and serve.
Drink suggestion: Pale, cloudy wheat beer. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.