- 2 litres fish stock
- 125 gm butter, chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 small onions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 500 gm carnaroli or other risotto rice
- 1 kg green prawns, peeled, cleaned and halved widthways
- 320 gm podded peas
- 1 head of radicchio, trimmed, leaves separated, washed, dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Place stock in a saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat and keep at a gentle simmer. Heat butter and olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes or until soft. Add wine and simmer until almost evaporated. Add rice and cook for 2-3 minutes or until well coated in butter mixture. Add 1 cup hot stock and stir over medium heat until stock is absorbed. Add remaining stock, a cupful at a time, stirring frequently, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 2Just before adding the last cupful of stock, stir in prawns, peas and remaining stock, then stir for another 5 minutes. Add radicchio and stir for 1-2 minutes or until just wilted, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Spoon risotto among bowls, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve immediately.