- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400 gm vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 red banana chillies, seeds removed, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) dry white wine
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 60 gm Greek feta
- 12 large green prawns, peeled, cleaned
- crusty white bread and green salad (optional), To serve
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Heat oil in a large casserole over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until starting to soften (2-3 minutes), add tomato and chilli and sauté until starting to soften (2-3 minutes). Add wine and herbs and reduce until slightly thickened (1-2 minutes). Crumble feta over top, transfer casserole to oven and roast until sauce thickens and feta begins to melt (15 minutes). Remove from oven, gently push prawns into sauce, return to oven and roast until prawns are cooked through (3-5 minutes). Serve hot with crusty white bread and green salad, if desired.
This recipe is from the March 2010 issue of .