- 80 ml olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 800 gm canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 125 ml chicken stock (½ cup)
- 4 chipotle chillies in adobo, finely chopped
- Large pinch of dried oregano
- 2 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 fresh or dried chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 12 uncooked medium prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- ½ cup coriander, torn (loosely packed)
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over high heat, add onion and sauté until starting to colour (5-7 minutes). Add black beans, stock, chipotle chillies, oregano and a good pinch of salt, and simmer over medium heat until well flavoured (5-7 minutes). Stir in spring onion and keep warm.
- 2Heat remaining olive oil in a frying pan over high heat, add chorizo and fry, turning occasionally, until golden (2-4 minutes), then set aside on a plate. Add prawns to pan in batches and fry, turning once, until golden (2-2½ minutes each side).
- 3Top beans with chorizo and prawns, scatter with coriander and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm