- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground chilli
- 400 gm canned cherry tomatoes
- 500 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 320 gm (2 cups) instant couscous
- 30 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only (or to taste)
- 20 medium green prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add oil, onion, fennel and garlic, stir until tender (4-5 minutes). Add spices, stir until fragrant, add tomato and 150ml water. Season to taste, bring to the simmer, cook until thick (5-6 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil in a pan, stir in couscous, butter and half the lemon juice. Remove from heat, cover with plastic wrap, stand for 5 minutes. Season to taste, fluff grains with a fork, keep warm.
- 3Add prawns to tomato mixture, simmer until just cooked (2-3 minutes), stir in preserved lemon, remaining lemon juice, season to taste. Serve with couscous, yoghurt, mint and parsley.