Sweet, sour, crunchy, peppery, creamy and fresh - this winter twist on the classic bruschetta makes an ideal light dinner. For a variation, swap the bread for pasta and the vincotto for parmesan.
- 750 gm butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm chunks (about ½)
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 thick slices rye sourdough bread
- 2 garlic cloves, halved for rubbing
- 200 gm firm ricotta
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped sage
- 2 tsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Combine pumpkin, sugar and oil in a roasting pan, season to taste, toss to coat and roast until golden brown and caramelised at the edges (15-20 minutes).
- 2For herb ricotta, mix ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 3Preheat grill to high and toast bread (1-2 minutes each side). Rub toast with cut sides of garlic, then top with herbed ricotta, roasted pumpkin, rocket and hazelnuts, drizzle with vincotto and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am