- 1 Dutch cream potato (about 240gm), diced
- 2 cooked (cured and smoked) chorizo, peeled, diced
- 300 gm cheddar, grated
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 2 radishes, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 400 gm (2 cups) plain flour
- 90 gm lard or duck fat (see note), melted, cooled
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cook potato in boiling salted water until tender (10-15 minutes), drain well and crush in a bowl with a fork. Add chorizo and cheddar, season to taste, stir to combine and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, for flour tortillas, stir flour, lard and a pinch of salt in a large bowl to combine. Add 180ml warm water and mix well to combine. Divide into 8 balls, then roll out each ball to a 3mm-thick round with a rolling pin and wrap in plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Set aside.
- 3Preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Spread half the tortillas with the potato mixture, sandwich with remaining tortillas. Grill tortillas in batches, turning once, until cooked and golden (2-3 minutes each side). Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper and place in the oven to keep warm and to melt the cheese (2 minutes). Scatter with onion, radish, avocado and coriander and serve with lime halves.
Note Duck fat is available in cans and jars from select delicatessens and French food shops.