- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 180 gm quinoa
- 400 ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 beetroot, peeled and coarsely grated
- To serve: coarsely chopped mint, flat-leaf parsley and coarsely chopped or slivered pistachio nuts
- 200 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and lemon rind, season to taste and sauté until tender (3-4 minutes). Add quinoa and stir to coat in oil, then add hot stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low-medium, cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes without uncovering. Remove from heat, remove lid, cover with a clean tea towel, replace lid and stand for 5 minutes to steam. Season to taste and stir in lemon juice.
- 2Meanwhile, boil eggs (7 minutes for soft yolks), drain, refresh under cold running water, peel, halve and set aside.
- 3For tahini yoghurt, combine ingredients and 2 tbsp hot water in a bowl and season to taste.
- 4Spread a little tahini yoghurt in the bases of serving bowls, spoon quinoa pilaf on top, top with beetroot and eggs, scatter with herbs and pistachio nuts, season to taste and serve with extra tahini yoghurt.