- 150 gm scallops, thinly sliced widthways
- 2½ tbsp lime juice
- 3-4 fresh green birdseye chillies, halved and seeded
- 3 red shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, outer leaves removed, thinly sliced
- To serve: sprigs of mint
- 1Combine scallops, lime juice and a large pinch of sea salt in a small bowl, stir until well combined, then marinate for 5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 2Soak chillies in a bowl of salted water for 3-4 minutes, then drain and rinse. Halve chillies lengthways, then cut into thin slices lengthways. Add chillies, fish sauce, shallots and lemongrass to scallops and toss to combine. The dressing should taste sour and salty. Serve immediately with sprigs of mint.