- 400 ml can coconut cream, unshaken
- 1½ tbsp red curry paste, or to taste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp grated palm sugar
- 1 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 400ml cans coconut milk
- ½ small pineapple (about 1kg), peeled, halved lengthways, cored and cut into 7mm-thick slices
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck, chopped
- 1 fresh long red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced, to serve
- To serve: steamed jasmine rice and snowpea shoots
- 1Remove top layer of cream from unshaken can of coconut cream, place in a casserole or stainless steel wok and stir frequently over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until cream begins to separate. Add curry paste and stir for another 2-3 minutes or until fragrant, then add fish sauce, palm sugar, tamarind and lime leaves. Stir for 5 minutes or until mixture darkens slightly, then add remaining coconut cream and coconut milk and slowly bring to just below the boil. Add pineapple and duck and cook for another 5 minutes or until just warmed through. Serve curry scattered with sliced red chilli and snowpea shoots over steamed rice.
Drink Suggestion: 2004 Jacob’s Creek Reserve Riesling.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm