Try this chutney with a Scotch egg and happiness is guaranteed.
- 1 bunch rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1 cm pieces (650gm)
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 1Place all ingredients and 2 tbsp water in a large non-reactive saucepan (such as stainless steel), bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until rhubarb collapses. Cool to room temperature before serving. Rhubarb chutney will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Hotel AwardsAustralia's Hotel of the Year for 2018 is revealedYesterday 10:00pm