- 285 gm long-grain rice
- 150 gm coconut sugar
- 80 gm seedless raisins
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 150 ml milk
- 100 ml condensed milk
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup toasted natural almonds, coarsely chopped
- Finely grated orange rind, to serve
- 1Cook rice in a rice cooker or by absorption method
- 2Meanwhile, bring coconut sugar and 60ml water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, until a light syrup forms (3-4 minutes). Add raisins, stir and set aside.
- 3Bring coconut milk, milk and condensed milk to the boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add rice, egg yolk and ¼ tsp salt, and stir until thickened (3-5 minutes). Serve rice pudding topped with coconut syrup, raisins, almonds and orange rind to taste.
To cook rice by absorption method, rinse rice, place in a saucepan with a little salt, cover with water by 2cm, cover with a tight-fitting lid, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to lowest setting and cook for 15 minutes. Set aside, without uncovering, for 10 minutes, then uncover and fluff up with a fork.