Risi e bisi
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 gm pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 320 gm frozen peas, thawed (2 cups)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4½ cups hot chicken stock
- 325 gm arborio rice (1½ cups)
- 40 gm grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve (½ cup)
- 20 gm butter
- 1Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and cook 50gm pancetta over high heat for 3-4 minutes or until crisp, remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- 2Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan, add remaining pancetta, onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until brown. Add peas, half the parsley and 1 cup chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add rice to pan, and cook over medium heat, stirring until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Add remaining stock, ½ cup at a time, stirring continuously, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. When rice is al dente, stir in parmesan, butter, remaining parsley, then season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Divide risi e bisi among 4 bowls, sprinkle with extra parmesan and crisp pancetta and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm