- 400 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 125 ml olive oil (½ cup)
- ½ small Spanish onion
- 1 small celeriac (about 300gm), cut into julienne
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, or to taste
- ½ cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 skinless barramundi fillets (about 180gm each)
- 100 gm chilled butter, coarsely chopped
- 40 gm salted capers, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- To serve: lemon wedges
- 1Cook potato in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (15-20 minutes). Meanwhile, heat 90ml oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion and celeriac and toss occasionally until tender and lightly golden (4-5 minutes). Drain potato, add to pan and toss occasionally until golden (4-5 minutes). Add vinegar, season to taste, toss in half the parsley and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 200C. Heat remaining oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat, add barramundi and cook, turning once, until browned (2-3 minutes each side), transfer to oven and roast until just cooked through (2 minutes).
- 3Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until nut-brown (3-4 minutes), then remove from heat, add capers, garlic and remaining parsley, season to taste and stir to combine. Spoon the butter over servings of barramundi and potato and celeriac and serve with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm