- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 6 cm piece galangal, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, coarsely chopped
- 4 whole bream (about 400gm each)
- 1 green papaya, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup peanuts, toasted
- 60 gm palm sugar
- 2 tbsp each fish sauce and rice vinegar
- 1 small red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1Pour peanut oil into a large roasting pan and heat in the oven until smoking. Meanwhile, divide galangal and lemongrass among bream cavities, lightly score skin and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place fish in roasting pan, spoon oil over and cook for 8 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- 2For dressing, place peanuts into a mortar, with a pestle, pound until ground, add palm sugar and pound until combined, add fish sauce and vinegar, combine, then stir through chilli.
- 3Using a mandolin, julienne papaya and place in a bowl, add coriander leaves and half the dressing and stir to combine.
- 4To serve, place bream on plates with green papaya salad, drizzle with remaining dressing.