- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 60 gm melted butter
- 350 gm broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 gm crème fraîche
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp thyme, plus extra to serve
- 140 gm vintage cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Place a filo sheet in a 24cm loose-bottomed round tart tin, allowing
excess to overhang (cover remaining filo with a damp tea towel while you work). Brush with
butter, then top with another filo sheet. Repeat with remaining filo and butter. Trim filo, leaving a 2cm border, and brush edges with butter.
- 2Toss 200gm broccoli with olive oil and season to taste. Place remaining broccoli in tart case. Whisk remaining ingredients in a bowl, season to taste and pour into tart case. Place on a large tray lined with baking paper, scatter broccoli tossed in oil on tray and bake both until golden and set (20-25 minutes). Serve tart topped with roasted broccoli and extra thyme.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm