- 4 small red capsicum, halved lengthways
- 2 Roma tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed
- 1 small Spanish onion, cut into thin wedges
- 12 Ligurian olives
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp coarsely chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 buffalo mozzarella (250gm each)
- To serve: crusty bread and a leaf salad
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Place capsicum cut side up in a roasting tray, place a tomato quarter in each half, scatter over onion, olives, garlic and herbs. Season to taste, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, then olive oil, and roast until capsicum begins to collapse (20-25 minutes).
- 2To serve, coarsely tear mozzarella, scatter over capsicum and serve hot with crusty bread and a leaf salad.
This recipe is from the November 2010 issue of .