- 1.5 kg carrots, finely chopped
- 120 ml olive oil
- 3 large Lebanese flatbread
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- To serve: coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley and thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Scatter carrot onto two baking trays lined with baking paper, drizzle with one-third of the oil, season to taste, toss to combine and roast, turning occasionally, until golden (20-25 minutes), set aside.
- 2Place flatbread on baking trays lined with baking paper, drizzle with half the remaining oil, scatter with cumin seeds and season to taste. Roast until golden and crisp (2-3 minutes). Cool, then break into large pieces.
- 3Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender (5-7 minutes). Add cumin and coriander, stir until fragrant (1-2 minutes), add stock and bring to the simmer, then add roast carrot. Blend with a hand-held blender until smooth, season to taste with freshly ground pepper, sea salt flakes and lemon juice. Scatter with lemon rind and parsley and serve hot with a dollop of Greek-style yoghurt and flatbread pieces.
This recipe is from the June 2010 issue of .
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am