Brought to you by Slow Hills Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Slow Hills chicken breasts, with skin off
- 3 cups bitter leaves, such as radicchio, witlof or endive
- 5 figs, torn in half
- 1/4 white onion, thinly slices (optional)
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm tahini
- 50 gm pomegranate molasses
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan, season chicken breasts, then pan fry, breast-side down until golden (1-2 minutes), then turn, add butter and thyme to pan and transfer to oven to roast until chicken is golden, just cooked through and juices run clear when breast is pierced with a skewer (8-10 minutes). Set chicken aside to rest (5 minutes), then thickly slice.
- 2For dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine and season to taste.
- 3Combine chicken with bitter leaves, fig, onion and pomegranate seeds on a platter. Spoon dressing over and serve scattered with walnuts.
This is a great way to use leftover roast chicken to create a delicious light lunch. The tahini and pomegranate dressing complements the chicken perfectly.