- ½ lemon
- 50 gm pitted green olives, finely chopped
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 roast chicken, skinned, boned and sliced thinly
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 head baby endive, trimmed, washed and coarsely chopped (140g)
- 6 slices wholemeal or rye bread, lightly spread with butter
- 1Finely grate rind of ½ lemon into a bowl, add olives, mayonnaise and chicken and combine well. Add juice of ½ lemon to mayonnaise mixture, season to taste and combine well.
- 2Spread bread with chicken mixture, top with endive, then cover with buttered bread slices and, using a serrated knife or an electric knife, trim crusts and cut each sandwich into 3 fingers. Cover with a damp tea towel and refrigerate until ready to serve.