- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts on the bone and 2 chicken legs (about 1kg total)
- ½ butternut pumpkin
- 2 Chioggia beetroot (see note)
- ½ Spanish onion
- 1/3 cup (loosely packed) oregano
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) rosemary
- 2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 250C. Heat a large cast-iron ovenproof frying pan over high heat, add 2 tbsp oil, then season chicken to taste and cook skin-side down until golden (3-4 minutes). Turn, then transfer
to oven and roast until almost cooked through (14 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, dice pumpkin, beetroot and onion and combine in a bowl with remaining oil and remaining ingredients. Season to taste and scatter over chicken, then roast until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through (16 minutes). Serve with a bitter-leaf salad and lemon wedges alongside.
Note Chioggia beetroot are available from select greengrocers and farmers' markets. If they're unavailable, substitute golden beetroot or parsnips.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am