- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chicken (about 1.5kg), butterflied
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 lemon, halved, plus extra wedges to serve
- 40 gm roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) each flat-leaf parsley and mint, coarsely chopped
- To serve: snow peas and green beans, trimmed, blanched
Yoghurt tahini dressing
- 120 gm thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 40 gm hulled tahini
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- Pinch of finely ground cumin
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat half the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle chicken with remaining oil, season to taste, rub with spices, add to pan skin-side down and cook, turning once, until golden (5-6 minutes). Squeeze lemon over and roast in oven until cooked through (17-20 minutes). Set aside to rest (5 minutes), then scatter with almonds and herbs.
- 2Meanwhile, for yoghurt tahini dressing, combine ingredients in a small bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Drizzle blanched snow peas and green beans with oil, season to taste and serve with chicken, dressing and lemon wedges.