- 80 gm softened butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ¾ tsp dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon halved, for juice
- 4 chicken breasts, with winglet attached (about 200gm each), skin on
- 800 gm cauliflower (about 1), cut into florets
- 1½ cups torn kale (about ½ bunch)
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 220C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Mash butter, garlic, paprika, chilli and lemon rind in a bowl to combine well, season generously to taste, then rub all over chicken pieces. Place chicken skin-side up on prepared tray along with lemon halves, cut-side down, and roast on the top rack of the oven until browned and cooked through (15-18 minutes), then squeeze one lemon half over chicken.
- 2Meanwhile, place cauliflower, kale and oil in a bowl, season to taste and toss to combine. Spread on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast until cauliflower is golden and tender and kale is crisp (18-20 minutes). Transfer to a bowl, squeeze remaining lemon half over and toss to combine. Serve with chicken and pan juices.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm