Chinese roast duck, available from Chinese barbecue shops, is a great base to build a meal around. Try it shredded and tossed through a citrusy salad, in a curry, or served with egg noodles, as we've done here.
- 500 gm fresh thin egg noodles
- 40 gm ginger, shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra shredded to serve
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 Chinese roast duck, chopped
- Thinly sliced birdseye chilli, to serve
- 1Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente (2-4 minutes). Drain.
- 2Combine ginger, thinly sliced spring onion, peanut oil, soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl.
- 3Dress noodles with enough ginger and spring onion dressing to coat, top with duck, scatter with chilli and shredded spring onion and serve with remaining dressing.