- 1 bunch broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds, plus extra, to serve
- 4 200gm skinless blue-eye trevalla fillets, or other firm, white-fleshed fish
- 200 gm dried rice noodles
- Thinly sliced spring onion and thinly sliced small red chilli, to serve
- 500 ml chicken stock (2 cups)
- 60 ml soy sauce
- 1 tbsp julienned ginger
- 1For aromatic broth, simmer ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat until well flavoured (8-10 minutes). Keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 220C. Toss broccolini, 1 tbsp soy sauce, half the sesame oil, garlic, ginger and 2 tsp sesame seeds in a roasting pan and roast, turning occasionally, until browned and just tender (6-8 minutes).
- 3Place fish on a separate roasting tray lined with baking paper. Combine remaining soy sauce and sesame oil in a bowl, drizzle mixture over fish, scatter with remaining sesame seeds and roast
until just cooked through (5-6 minutes).
- 4Meanwhile, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (2-3 minutes), drain and divide among warm serving bowls. Top with a fillet of fish and roast broccolini, ladle aromatic broth over and serve hot scattered with spring onion, chilli and sesame seeds.