- 2 small lemons
- 4 chicken Marylands, skin on
- 12 zucchini flowers, halved lengthways
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated (unpeeled)
- 60 ml vincotto (¼ cup)
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil (¼ cup)
- 2 cups (loosely packed) spearmint leaves
- 1 cup (loosely packed) dill sprigs
- 1Thinly slice 1½ lemons and juice remaining half.
- 2Preheat oven to 200C. Arrange lemon slices (reserving four) in a small roasting pan and place chicken on top. Top each piece of chicken with a reserved lemon slice. Scatter zucchini flowers and garlic around chicken, then drizzle with 2 tbsp each of vincotto and olive oil. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and roast until zucchini flowers are tender (about 10 minutes). Transfer zucchini flowers to a bowl and cool. Continue to roast chicken until golden and cooked through (another 10-15 minutes).
- 3Add herbs to zucchini flowers and drizzle with remaining vincotto and olive oil. Season to taste and toss to combine. Drizzle chicken and garlic with reserved lemon juice and pan juices and serve with zucchini flower salad.