- 4 skinless ocean trout fillets (about 180gm each), pin-boned
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- 90 ml buttermilk
Peas, mint and fregola
- 300 gm fregola
- 200 gm frozen peas, defrosted
- 160 gm sugarsnap peas, trimmed, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely torn mint
- ½ cup coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. For peas, mint and fregola, cook fregola in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, adding peas and sugarsnap peas in last 2 minutes of cooking (8-10 minutes). Drain, transfer to a bowl, add oil, lemon rind, lemon juice and garlic and season to taste. Just before serving, add herbs.
- 2Meanwhile, place trout skin-side down on an oven tray lined with baking paper and set aside. Combine oil, lemon rind and juice and garlic in a bowl, season to taste, drizzle half over trout (reserve remainder) and roast until cooked to your liking (5-6 minutes for medium-rare). Coarsely flake over fregola mixture and set aside.
- 3Add buttermilk to remaining oil mixture, drizzle over trout and serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is from the November 2012 issue of .