- 50 gm butter, softened
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced sage
- 4 pork loin steaks (about 250gm each)
- 2 red gala apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 250 ml (1 cup) cider, warmed
- Steamed baby green beans, to serve
- 1Combine butter, shallot and sage in a bowl and season to taste. Preheat grill to high. Lay pork steaks on a work surface and spread with half the shallot butter. Scatter apple over base of a large oven-proof frying pan and place pork, butter-side up, on top. Grill until golden (3-5 minutes), turn, spread pork with remaining shallot butter and grill until golden and cooked through (another 3-5 minutes).
- 2Transfer pork to a plate, cover with foil and keep warm. Place frying pan over medium heat, add cider and bring to the boil. Cook until sauce is thick and reduced by half (5-7 minutes). Serve steaks and apple with apple sauce and steamed baby green beans.